Montag, 3. Oktober 2011

20. Wind wheel

Yesterday I decided to use my window colors once again, which I haven't done for a long time. I painted a floral pattern in different shades of blue on a thick plastic foil to make a wind wheel. Today I folded it and tried to put it on a stick.
It was so annoying... It took so long to find a screw which was appropriate for this purpose (I didn't count the times I realized it was too short and had to take another one). And to drill a hole into that stick which wasn't too small or too big (the stick broke several times because of that). And to find  screw nuts fitting the screw.
Fortunately my mother helped me (THANK YOU!), otherwise the wheel would have landed in some corner of my room, unfinished. With her help at least I could finish it, which, nevertheless, couldn't really lift my spirits.
 
The final outcome is rather a storm wheel than a wind wheel. You have to blow very strongly to make it turn. Maybe one day I will find a way to make it turn more smoothly...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen