Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2011

28. Flames on the water

Today I decided to put an idea into action which I had with some inspiration of my friend Lena: To do something with water and fire. This is the result:




I expected that the fire would extinguish quite soon because of water running into the candles. But they are still burning! The wax and the water seem to keep each other from running in or out.

Update: Meanwhile the wax of the red candle in the middle has spread a bit and one of the candles has started floating (apparently I didn't stick it to the bowl properly ). It's quite interesting to follow the changes =)

2 Kommentare:

  1. Yay! I remember that night of collecting ideas. :) I don't even know how we got to this one but to combine fire and water was an interesting thought. The result really looks beautiful!

    How long did it take for them to go out eventually?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Actually after some time I blew them out myself. It was quite late and I think they would have burned quite a long time.

    AntwortenLöschen