Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2011

42. Crisis - Child's painting

Again I am in some kind of crisis. Again I didn't manage to make a flower yesterday and didn't really find a project for today. And again it's like this: I am two days behind, beginning to think about giving up. If I am already having problems with getting inspired now, how will I be able to make the next 323 days?? At the moment it feels a bit like a rollercoaster. My motivation is going up and down, throwing me from one side to another. In one moment I'm totally excited about what I have already done and what I can do else. In another moment I feel like nothing is good enough and my ideas are boring and uncreative or I'm getting annoyed with myself because again I didn't manage to realize an idea I had.

At least I could pull myself together to start some kind of project-therapy: Draw a painting which is as colourful as possible, and don't care if it looks like painted by a child. While drawing I remembered the drawing techniques of my childhood and the frustration of the beginning got better in the process of drawing a smiling sun, birds and butterflies and lots of colourful flowers.



Tomorrow again I will try to regain some of my motivation, maybe then I can catch up on today's flower.

1 Kommentar:

  1. I'm glad you found your therapy at least for one day. :) You know, there are artists out there whose work strongly resembles childlike drawings and they became quite famous... (think of Miró for one) That flower's got style.^^

    But I know the feeling. There are days when I think "Honestly, girl, there is nothing special about this star at all. In fact, it looks rather stupid." Just remember that you signed up for making '365 flowers', not '365 huge, breathtaking works of art in the shape of flowers'... (That thought occured to me just yesterday ;))

    Here's a prompt from the 365-book you could use the next time you feel totally uninspired: 'Open a random drawer where you live or work and create something with just the contents.'

    AntwortenLöschen